We are constantly looking for highly motivated and bright people to join the lab! Look below for funded positions, sources of funding or send us your spontaneous application.
To apply, email frederick (point) gosselin (at) polymtl (point) ca and make sure you include:
- your CV;
- a cover letter describing your favorite university courses, your research interests, whether you prefer experimental/theoretical/numerical work, what you seek in a MSc/PhD/postdoc, what attracts you at Polytechnique, where you see yourself 5 years down the road, etc;
- Your most recent transcript, along with explanations about how you rank with respect to your peers in your class (bear in mind that every university in the world has different grading systems);
- PDFs of your publications if any, otherwise a project report you wrote.
Different positions available in
- Fluid-stucture interactions;
- Hydraulic turbine dynamics;
- Combining artificial intelligence and physics-based modelling.
NSERC and FRQNT graduate scholarships
All Canadian students interested in graduate studies should apply for NSERC graduate scholarships and FRQNT graduate scholarships. The deadline for both these programs is early in the fall (September – October). Interested students should contact a potential supervisor as early as possible to prepare a winning application. Ideally, contact me in the summer.
CSC and Quebec-China graduate scholarships
The Chinese Scholarship Council as well as the FRQNT offer scholarships to Chinese students who want to complete a thesis at Polytechnique. For the CSC, the deadline is early in January. If you want to apply for a CSC, contact me in November to have time to put together a winning application. CSC also handles the application for the Quebec-China scholarships. More information about CSC is available here. For more information concerning the FRQNT Quebec-China scholarship, click here.
MITACS Globalink undegrad summer research internships
For undergraduate students wanting to do a summer research internship, the MITACS Globalink program offers attractive bursaries. Our lab proposes many research projects every year. In the past we welcomed students from ITESM in Mexico, and MNNIT in India.
Graduate and Undergraduate research internship funded by Polytechnique
Polytechnique has agreements with many universities throughout the world. Every semester, students enrolled at partner universities come to Polytechnique to perform a research internship with funding from Polytechnique. Through this program, we have welcomed students from IIT in India, NTU in Singapore, RMIT in Australia. Interested students should check with the international relations office or the student exchange office of their university. Polytechnique has agreements with many institutions in South Korea, China, Taiwan, UK, India, Australia and others, as well as UBC and University of Alberta in Canada.